• RTR high power ducted fan with factory installed motor.
• All feature high quality Himax brushless motor.
• Dynamically balanced.
The EPF69 ducted fan unit represents a simple method of getting started in electric ducted fan model flying. It’s high
performance makes it an ideal choice for use in medium to fast model jets weighing about 700 to 1300 g. The removable
intake ring enables the ducted fan to be installed inside the model or mounted externally; at external mounting, it improves
the unit’s efficiency.
The rotor of the EPF69 is dynamically balanced at the factory, which means that you can install and use it immediately after
purchase; the difficult task of balancing the rotor is not required.
Rotor Ø: 69 mm, 2.72”
Length with/ wo inlet ring: 65 / 59 mm, 2.56” / 2.32”
Unit O.D.: 73 mm, 2.87”
Inlet ring O.D.: 94 mm, 3.70”
Weight: 212 g, 7.5 oz w/o inlet ring, 225 g, 7.9 oz with inlet ring
No. of rotor blades / stator blades: 5 / 4
Max. rotational speed: 46,000 rpm
Motor: Himax HA2825-3600
Battery: 3S LiPo, do not use more than 3S LiPo or 9 NiXX cells!
Current: 35 Amp
Input power: approx. 350 Watts
Thrust: approx. 800 g, 1.76 lbs
3. SAFETY NOTES
The EPF69 ducted fan unit is designed exclusively for use in modeling. Improper or incompetent usage may result in very
serious personal injury.
• Read the entire instructions before connecting the battery,
• Before running the unit, remove all loose, lightweight objects from the area around the ducted fan’s intake, as these could
be ingested and wreck the impeller. Do not run the unit with the model standing on grass,
• Keep your clothing and your extremities (fingers etc.) well clear of the rotor when it is spinning,
• Do not stand in front of the ducted fan unit when it is running, nor in line with it,
• Switch the motor off immediately if you detect vibration, and eliminate the cause of the problem before running it again.
• Never exceed the unit’s stated maximum rpm!
• Ensure that the motor is adequately cooled, and do not obstruct air circulation around the unit
Brushless motors are almost maintenance free, so minimal care is required for long life. Keep the motor clean free of dust
and dirt, especially the bearings. Dirty bearings wear quickly. Lubricate the bearings regularly with light oil. Do not immerse
the motor in water, or solvents. Do not bend the wires excessively and secure wires to prevent breakage due to fatigue from
vibration. Always use balanced impellers to reduce loads on bearings, to reduce noise, and reduce stress on the airframe.
Warranty & Service:
Himax motors have a two year limited warranty to the original owner, excluding gearboxes. All motors are guaranteed to be
free from manufacturing defects within two years of date of purchase. Not covered under warranty is crash damage,
customer abuse, improper use, or overheating.
Warranty claims should be handled directly with Maxx Products, 815 Oakwood Rd, Unit D, Lake Zurich, IL 60047. Be sure to
include contact information and a description of the problem including which ESC, battery, and prop was being used. Return
shipping for repair estimates must be prepaid.